Monday, March 23, 2009

Timely EdWeek Article

Check out this EdWeek 3-13-09 article on online professional development. Barbara Treacy from EDC/ETLO and Wayne Hartschuh, Deleware State manager for e-Learning for Educators, have several quotes.

*****************************************************************************************
Online Professional Development Weighed as Cost-Saving Tactic

March 13, 2009 by Michelle R. Davis

Schools facing budget cutbacks look to online teacher training to save money and expand offerings.

http://www.edweek.org/dd/articles/2009/03/13/04ddprofdev.h02.html

2 comments:

  1. Seeing this article was a nice surprise when I got to the office this morning. I really like the part about online learning "not costing teachers time away from the classroom."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wayne:
    thanks for this article. Initally, I was going to comment on the content, but what I found very valuable were the posts below the artcle with the variety of sources for online learning. This involves a paradigm shift, as most educators are used to physically being in a room (ex: a record on a turntable) and e-learning (music files) pushes us to conisder the actual value and purpose of adult learning

    ReplyDelete